Saturday, April 4, 2009

I (Bryn) watched a simply amazing episode of Criminal Minds tonight. It was a repeat, the Season 2 finale, actually, and it was very intense, and very sad. I am not going to recap it, but this is the Wikipedia short summary: "When the elusive serial killer, Frank shows up at Gideon's apartment and kills his friend and takes Gideon's list of people he's saved, Gideon must find Frank before Frank hurts anyone else. Frank refuses to stop until he has his girlfriend, Jane back. The team must find Jane as well as the young girl Frank has kidnapped. Meanwhile, Hotchner faces scrutiny from his superiors and may lose his position at the BAU."

I enjoyed this episode a lot, especially because it made me cry and scream at parts. But, I think that my favorite part was at the end, where Hotch was talking about his team. This is what he said:
"My team? Let me tell you about my team: Agent Morgan fought to protect his identity from the very people who could save him. Why? Because trust has to be earned, and there are very few people he truly trusts. Reid's intellect is a shield which protects him from his emotions, and at the moment his shield is under repair. Prentiss over-compensates because she doesn't yet feel she's a part of the team; she needn't worry. Everyday Agent Jareau fields dozens of requests for our team, and every night she goes home hoping she has made the right choices. Garcia fills her office with figurines and color, to remind herself to smile as the horror fills her screens... And Agent Gideon in many ways is damned by his profound knowledge of others, which is why he shares so little of himself, yet he pours his heart into every case we handle. I stand by my actions, and I stand by my team, and if you think that you can find a better person for the job, then good luck. "

I absolutely love Hotch, which is actually our twitter status.

Here is another quote I loved, a Reid/JJ quote. It refers to the episode 'Revelations'.

JJ: [to Reid] No matter what happens this time, we don't split up, clear?
Reid: Crystal clear!


Well, that moved me a little bit, and I just wanted to share it with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment