Sunday, July 18, 2010

Memphis Beat

I like Memphis Beat. A lot.

After I got over the fact that this is Jason Lee, who had a kid with Beth Riesgraf (Parker from Leverage) and named him Pilot Inspektor, I loved Dwight Hendricks.

I like this show because it is exactly what its tagline claims- "Down home justice meets Southern charm." See, I may be Cuban, but I live in the South. I love the South, and I feel as if in today's liberal world, we're just represented as stupid, gun-toting, conservative rednecks. And this show portrays the South as what we really are.

It's a cop show, and I love those. Dwight Hendricks is a Detective. Murders and kidnappings are solved. Yay! But, there's also comedy. There's family. And that's what I truly love.

My favorite episodes so far are the last two. In "Love Her Tender"," a teenage girl goes missing. And I have a thing for guys who are all protective of the ladies (especially the young ones), and Dwight was all over that in this episode. It was one of those "Why-Doesn't-He-Have-A-Little-Girl" episodes. Then, in "Polk Salad Annie," it was all about the barbecue. YUMMMMM.

So, anyway, there's also Dwight's ex-wife (apparently they were only married for eight weeks), Alex. She's adorable. Dwight tries to fix everything for her (he's a fixer, something else I like), and she hates that. But he LOVES her (yes, I ship them, duh).

The other detectives are great, too. Just more Southern Boys. Plus, the Lieutenant is cool- very motherly. And I like his Momma.

Okay, this blog post sucks. Mainly because it's eleven pm. But, whatever. Here ya go. I may edit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment