Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mila's Season Finale Reviews

Okay, so I had to re-do my finale’s list since I was missing some shows. This is the updated and revised version.
SPOILERS FOLLOW!

Cheers to Dollhouse, Castle, and NCIS for having amazing and well rounded season finales. Later I’ll go into all the finales with a little more detail, but these three stood out and had a mix of all the great things readers wanted to see.
Jeers…well, none here. While some of the finales haven’t exactly been what we expected, they were good.
Now, by air day, my views on the season finales:

MONDAY:
House -
Wow, an amazing episode! Very shocking. I loved the case (left brain vs. right brain was very entertaining), and the interaction between our characters was awesome (especially that lovely wedding, and a caring Chase). I was disappointed that everything from the previous episode was a hallucination, but it made for one heck of a story line. I thought the ending was appropriate.
Bottom Line: Next season is bound to be good…I, for one, can’t wait.
Castle -
Ah-mazing! Wonderful character insight, awesome familial interactions, and a cliffhanger that leaves you wanting more.
Bottom line: Can’t wait for season two, which HAS BEEN confirmed. This is one of my cheers for the week.
CSI: Miami -
A typical Miami episode to be honest. I was glad to see Yelina, but there was no Yelina/Horatio in the episode. A twist with Eric and his roots…Horatio with his gun…A fair finale that left Calleigh crying and Eric missing.
Bottom Line: Not exactly on the edge of my seat, but I have one question: Will Horatio save the day…once again?

TUESDAY:
NCIS -
Now, NCIS being my favorite show, I’ll try to be unbiased. It was an absolutely amazing season finale that wasn’t what I expected at all. Character interaction was brilliant, and the ending was SHOCKING!
Bottom Line: NCIS better come back soon, but I have a feeling that fan fictions will be booming. This is one of my Cheers for the week.
Fringe -
Can you question the answer? - Because, Fringe totally can. Actually, there aren’t many answers on this show at all. An amazing episode with freaky science and William Bell. What more can you ask for?
Bottom Line: Some doors closer as many more open…except these doors are to parallel universes. I can’t WAIT for season two, which HAS BEEN confirmed.

WEDNESDAY:
Lie to Me -
A good finale as finales go. From the not-so-suicide bombers to Alec and Gillian separating (a few of us have been holding our breaths for this one), it had everything a finale should. Next season, which I’m pretty sure has been confirmed, is one I’m looking forward to.
Bottom Line: Left a lot of doors open…I’m excited to see how they’ll be closed.
Criminal Minds -
O.M.G. I cannot wait to see if the person who got shot will die. An amazing episode, and an even better finale. But all I’m saying is that the cliffhanger? It better not end how all of think it could end. That person has no right to die. And Hotch gave a great monologue at the end of the show.
Bottom Line: On-the-edge-of-my-seat type of episode. Next season better hurry.
CSI: New York -
Can you say, “OH MY GOD”? I can, and did during the two episodes that served as New York’s finale. It was BRILLIANT. Brilliantly sad. The first episode was FULL of SMacked, and the last professor scene was touching. And the second episode…man, I can’t BELIEVE Jess died! She was my favorite, and Flack must be devastated. And the LAST SCENE???
Bottom Line: Next season looks promising…let’s hope it stays strong, stronger than the other CSIs.

THURSDAY:
Bones -
An amazing episode as far as episodes go. As a season finale it was GREAT. As a post “Brain tumor episode” for us viewers…it was bad. On of those train wreck episodes were it’s amazing and horrible yet you can’t look away. I CANNOT believe they left it off there!
Bottom Line: I’ll be watching out for this one on the edge of my seat.
CSI -
I didn’t watch this one, and I’m not planning to. I just hope that this show starts coming up (because it’s a good show, but it started going downhill) , because it sure was better when Warrick was alive and when Sara was there.

FRIDAY:
Dollhouse:
An absolutely amazing finale. We learned A LOT about our characters…and that twist with Dr. Saunders…shoulda seen that one coming. Alpha was finally revealed, and we learned (confirmed, actually) where Echo’s loyalties lie.
Bottom Line: An amazing finale, next season has been confirmed I believe…and I’ll be watching it. This was one of my Cheers of the week.
If you have any opinions about these shows, leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment